Bridges Career Academies & Workplace Connection offers camps that offer half-day or day-long experiences at either a college campus, a business/industry location or actual recreational camp location. These camps are designed to give high school students an in-depth, on-site experience in a specific career.
Post-Secondary Camps are designed by college faculty and give students an extended real-life experience in a college classroom. Faculty identify activities that they feel are important for participants to explore to prepare for future enrollment in college. Camps may include a business tour or speaker as they move through the days’ activities. The camp may also include information about the technical and academic skills students will be expected to have if they enter the program.
Students who participate will:
- gain knowledge of college life (academic experience and expectations)
- meet college instructors
- attend an actual college class and work on a class project
- partner with a current college student to complete activities
If you have you ever wondered what college is really like, a Post-Secondary Camp experience is ideal for you.
Download the Post-Secondary Camps fact sheet.
For more information, contact your Bridges Career Academies Coordinator (map of region):
Approved Post-Secondary Camps (2017-18)
- Explore Surgical Technology & Nursing
- Explore Marine Engine Technology
- Explore Pharmacy Technology
- Explore Mobile Application Development Program – Game Development
- Explore Girls in Trades (VIP Tour)
- Explore Computer coding/mobile app development
- High school welding competition
MSTATE (click here to learn more!)
- Explore Surgical Technology & Nursing (Detroit Lakes)
- Explore Architectural Drafting & Design (Detroit Lakes)
- Explore Massage Therapy and Cosmetology (Wadena)
- Explore Gas Utility Construction and Service (Wadena)