Agriculture & Natural Resources Careers
Do you enjoy working with animals? Are you interested in protecting the environment?
Agriculture, food, and natural resources workers produce agricultural goods. This includes food, plants, animals, fabrics, wood, and crops. You might work on a farm, ranch, dairy, orchard, greenhouse, or plant nursery. You could also work in a clinic or laboratory as a scientist or engineer.
Some agriculture, food, and natural resources workers market, sell, or finance agricultural goods. For example, you might market products made from plants and animals. Or, you might sell services that farmers and ranchers use to improve products. You could also work to conserve natural resources or protect the environment.
Local continuing education options:
- AGCentric/Energy Center
- Crow Wing County Forestry
- Crow Wing Soil & Water Conservation District
- Dept of Natural Resources - Enforcement
- Dept of Natural Resources - Parks
- Dept of Natural Resources - Forestry
- Lakeside Lawn & Landscape
- Landsburg Landscape Nursery
- LTR Properties Service
- Lawn & Limb Landscaping
- Madden’s on Gull Lake - Golf
- Midwest Machinery
- Minnesota Cattlemen's Association
- Minnesota Farm Bureau
- Minnesota Turkey Growers Assoc
- Natural Resource Conservation Service
- The Greenhouse
- US Forestry Service
- Wakefield Pork
Try these fun activities at the 2020 Bridges Career Exploration Day event!
Questions To Ask
- What entry-level jobs are available?
- Do you pay training expenses for employees?
- Are advancement opportunities available for entry-level workers?
- What characteristics do you look for in potential employees?
- What things can I do now to prepare for a career in this field?