Bridges Career Academies offer the opportunity to explore careers as you prepare for your future employment and/or post-secondary education. Students, grades 9 through 12, take courses that relate to a specific career. The courses are at your high school and teach technical skills and employability skills, while also providing business and industry experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will the courses be like?
Courses integrate learning by combining technical, academic and employability skills related to a specific career. Courses use hands-on learning activities and include a work-place experience.
What are the work place experiences?
Real-world business and industry experiences through tours, job shadows, business speakers, internships and a Career Exploration Day event. Experiences take place in local community businesses.
What are the benefits from enrolling in a Bridges Academy?
- Preparation for employment and/or college.
- Participate in a business/industry experience.
- Earn high school and potential college credit.
- Receive Academy certificate and honor cord upon completion.
How can I enroll in a Bridges Academy?
Contact a Bridges teacher, a Counselor, or review the student registration guide at your high school.
How will Academies assist me after graduation?
Just for Parents
Through the Bridges Career Academies students:
- Improve participation and achievement in course work
- Learn relevant work and life skills
- Explore careers to determine if their interests and abilities relate to a career
- Learn through a sequence of courses related to specific careers
- Gain a level of skills that provide a sound foundation for their future
- Receive recognition for their achievement