Bridges offers the expertise of local professionals through classroom presentations on a variety of topics. This valuable service offers high school instructors the ability to integrate real-world knowledge with classroom curriculum to motivate students to learn more. Some schools are also able to electronically present speakers, saving the presenter's travel time.
First, pick an industry field to explore by clicking on one listed below. This will open a display of speakers in this industry.
- To learn more about any speaker, click on their photo. This will open a new window with their specific background, speaking topics and list of schools to which they will travel.
- To request any specific speaker, click on the speaker’s name or business name — this will open an email to that speaker. Be sure to specify the times and dates that work best for your classroom. The business professional will respond directly to you to coordinate the best time/date.
For Remote Learning: All professionals who are currently a part of the Bridges Speakers Bureau program are also available to participate with ANY class virtually. Most have used Skype, Zoom or GoToMeeting, but can certainly be introduced to GoogleMeet or other e-conferencing software. If your school doesn't have a video conferencing subscription, the speaker you choose may be able to facilitate (host) the meeting and just send you a link to deliver to your students.
Topics on Demand
Topics on Demand is a series of prerecorded Speakers featuring their most frequently requested topics. These professionals are available for live Q&As with your class, or to respond to students' email questions, too.
Current Topics Available
- Understanding Credit Scores
- How to Get a Loan
- Identity Theft
- Paying for College
- Banking Basics
- Online Safety
- How to Find a Career that is Aligned with Your Interests and Aptitudes
- Handout for this Topic (PDF)
- Credit & Credit Cards
- How to Rent an Apartment
- How to Find a Summer Job
Topics on Demand is supported in part by the Minnesota Credit Union Foundation.