Bridges and our area high schools partner closely with local post-secondary institutions to offer camps, classes and experiences that help students reach their career goals. Contact them to learn more about their offerings.
Brainerd: 501 W. College Drive, Brainerd
Staples: 1830 Airport Road, Staples
- Phil Olsen, PSEO Advisor and CIS Coordinator, 218-855-8035
- Paul Preimesberger, Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Success, 218-855-8163.
- Nick Heisserer, Director of Admissions & Registration, 218-855-8038.
Central Lakes College – Brainerd and Staples - is a comprehensive community and technical college serving about 6,000 students per year. The college offers transfer degrees and 70-plus programs to choose from. CLC also offers the Z-Degree, where students can earn an A.A. Degree without ever buying a commercial textbook. There are small class sizes and expert instructors who know your name and care about you as an individual. After graduating from CLC, more than 95 percent of graduates find jobs related to their program of study.
Get a customized group tour or event tailored to your class’ needs and interests. Get a behind-the-scenes look at our Brainerd campus, Staples campus or Heavy Equipment campus. Events can include demonstrations, presentation and/or interactive activities. Come and see the awesome things our students get to do and learn at CLC! Learn more or set up a tour today with Tambera Topp (218-855-8123).
- College Credit in High School
- PSEO Options
- Zero textbook cost classes
- Most advanced Honors Program in MN
- 9-hole disc golf course located on campus.
- Students regularly outscore their peers on state and national skills tests.
- Raider athletics – home to 6 NJCAA DIII varsity sport teams and known nationwide for excellence, boasting 4 national championships.
- Ranked #2 in the nation by Great Value Colleges for an Associate’s in Computer Engineering/Computer Information Science Online.
- Free tutoring services available for all students. Another great resource for students is TRIO Student Support Services.
- CLC Foundation awards $350,000 in scholarships each year. In spring semester alone, 368 scholarships were awarded.
- Convenient, newly renovated student housing available adjacent to campus.
- Home of the Central Lakes Community Performing Arts Center, providing theatre entertainment with the Cultural Arts Series and Brainerd Community Theatre.
- Verse Like Water, a series that brings in world-renowned poets for a reading and craft talk.
- Live Online lets students attend and participate in class in real time from anywhere across the nation. Or, watch a recording of class later when it’s more convenient. Traditional online courses available as well.
- Student housing located adjacent to campus.
- First college in the region to implement AVID, a school-wide transformation effort focused on leadership, systems, instruction and culture. It is designed to increase the number of students who enroll and succeed in higher education and their lives beyond high school. The college is partnering with four area high schools on this effort.
405 Colfax Ave SW, Wadena
- Megan Adamczyk, K12 Collaboration Manager
- Erin Warren, Dual Credit Academic Advisor/K12 Success Coach
M State is a comprehensive public two-year college in Minnesota that serves more than 8,000 students in credit courses each year in more than 70 career and liberal arts programs online and at its four campuses in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead and Wadena. M State is a member of the Minnesota State system, which is an organization of colleges and universities in Minnesota who strive to provide extraordinary education at an exceptional value.
- Per credit tuition: $160.70 (resident or non-resident; rate is $198.95/credit for online courses). More detailed information can be found on the M State Tuition and Fees Rates page.
- The cost of full-time attendance at M State is currently less than a full Pell grant
- More than 51 percent of M State students attend tuition-free
Students who enroll at Minnesota State Community and Technical College find all the advantages of a much larger college on four campuses that offer a more comfortable, manageable fit. You will find smaller class sizes, more supportive instructors and more convenient access to services at M State. Each campus offers its own personality, proud history and mix of program offerings and opportunities for campus involvement.
M State created several K12 Collaboration programs to be offered in the high school. We recognize our role as a partner and a leader in education, and preparing youth for a successful college and career pathway is our priority.
We have a strong history of working collaboratively with high schools in our region. These valued partnerships challenge us to excel in areas of teaching, learning and service - to all students. As an organization and culture we strive to think outside the box, create new and better opportunities and do more for our students and our communities. We invite you to partner with us for one or all of these exciting student-focused programs.
- Career Exploration
- Concurrent Enrollment Program
- Early College/Middle College
- eCampus in the High School
- High School Partners Program
- Lakes Country Perkins Consortium
- Postsecondary Enrollment Options