Information Technology Careers
Would you like to get paid to work on computers?
Information technology workers are in a growing and always changing field. You might work with computer hardware, software, multimedia, or network systems. You might design new computer equipment or work on a new computer game.
Some information technology workers support and manage computer hardware. For example, you might make sure the networks are working or manage a network that links people across the world. Or, you might support others and answer questions about specific software or hardware.
Local continuing education options:
Career Laddering Videos
Learn more about entry level jobs, and how your career can grow.
Try these fun activities at the 2020 Bridges Career Exploration Day event!
Questions To Ask
- What entry-level jobs are available?
- Do you pay training expenses for employees?
- Are advancement opportunities available for entry-level workers?
- What characteristics do you look for in potential employees?
- What things can I do now to prepare for a career in this field?