Public Safety Careers
Do you like the idea of protecting people? Can you work in the face of danger? Do you want to help people figure out the legal system?
Law, public safety, corrections, and security workers are found in a variety of settings. For example, you might guard the public and enforce the law as a police officer or security guard. Or, you might provide fire protection as a firefighter.
Other workers provide legal services to people who commit crimes. For example, you might monitor activities within a prison, advise clients of their legal rights, or research legal procedures to support court cases.
Learn more about Public Safety at Careerwise.MinnState.edu.
Local continuing education options:
Career Laddering Videos
Learn more about entry level jobs, and how your career can grow.
- Lakes Area Fire Security
- Brainerd Fire Department
- Brainerd Police Department
- Crosby Police Department
- Crow Wing County Dispatchers
- Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Dept.
- DNR – Law Enforcement Division
- Grand Casino
- Mille Lacs Tribal Police
- Minnesota National Guard
- MN State Patrol
- North Memorial Ambulance
Try these fun activities at the 2020 Bridges Career Exploration Day event!
Questions To Ask
- What entry-level jobs are available?
- Do you pay training expenses for employees?
- Are advancement opportunities available for entry-level workers?
- What characteristics do you look for in potential employees?
- What things can I do now to prepare for a career in this field?